BOTANY HOUSE 1
This workers cottage, constructed in sand stock brick in the later 1800’s has been extended to provide a new lounge, bathroom and laundry. The new areas have a strong industrial aesthetic, reflecting the areas heritage. The extension features beautiful recycled blue gum timber by Fewings Joinery. The timber is secured by exposed hammered steel, most of which were built the very enthusiastic and capable clients. “Evergreen” glass from Pilkington has been used on the main windows. Acoustic design by . Structural steel by . Glass shower screen by Ozone Glass.
Approval for this renovation was obtained from Botany Council in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney. The project was tendered and the building contract administered by Dunn Architects